Sunday, January 15, 2012

Turtle Shell Debauchery

I like my neighbors, but I must admit to a contentious feeling I experienced today.  Ed, my trusty fix-it guy and neighbor said to me, "Michelle I saw something the other day that really disturbed me."  My initial thought was, what could I have done, but it was then that I learned about the debauchery that was inflicted upon Turtle's shell.



The Victim: Taye's Sandbox
During the summer months turtle lives basking in the sun of our small front yard.  The neighbor children come and play together here on our lawn and I fill a real sense of community as English and Spanish speaking kids build small sandcastles together and fight over shovels.

Once winter came I emptied Turtle of his sand and leaned him up against the trailer to hold out until next summer.  Maybe that old shell blew away or maybe someone came and took it, but what Ed saw is just wrong.  Everyone knows where turtle lives.

The men across the street placed the turtle shell on its back beneath there car and, and, and, they emptied the oil from there car into turtle.  Not cool, not cool at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment