Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Winter Nemesis

Our Furnace
Living in a town that gets hundreds of inches of snow every year you might guess snow to be my nemesis, but  it is quite the opposite--lack of snow is causing all my winter trailer class woes.  Snow acts as an insulator around the base of trailer. Lack of snow causes my pipes to freeze. But before they freeze the problem is exacerbated by the true evil doer, my furnace.

I'm at work when the wind creeps beneath our floors, rising ghostly towards my pilot light and extinguishing its flame, thus our heat source.That pilot light hides miles away in the depths of that quarter size window attached to a chain.  I travel towards that extinguished flame at least every other day, cursing its obscure location and the emotional control I need to practice as I try over and over to get it lit. 

When it lights the pipes don't freeze, we are warm and Taye and I have a little trailer class celebration, which includes me trying to do some yoga and him trying to ride my back or lay somewhere on my yoga mat where my chest , foot or knee needs to be.  It's all good, its just our trailer class lifestyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment