Friday, January 13, 2012

Tractor Man


We are in day two of trying to thaw frozen pipes under the trailer.  If you’ve never had the opportunity to experience this you might understand that it is inconvenient not to be able to shower, make coffee and brush your teeth, but there are other inconveniences and perhaps insites to be had as well. 

At 6:45 this morning I wrapped Taye up in a blanket and set him in his car seat in his fireman PJ’s.  I peered through frosted windshield I didn't take the time to scrape as we popped over the speed bumps that exist every 20 feet on the road in our trailer park. After five bumps I sped up and we were on our way to the Kum and Go.   

Once there, I grabbed my pajama boy out of his car seat and made a run for the door, a construction guy held the door open ( thank you construction guy) as I ran with him towards the Women’s restroom.  It was a beautiful site that glittering toilet, and as Taye sat there with his PJ’s dangling around his ankles he commented on the Country Music piped into the bathroom, a cowboy singing about wantin’ to be a tractor man This is good stuff, something we would never have at home and what three year old wouldn’t appreciate a song about a tractor. We had a little battle over who would flush because it is a gift to be able flush, a true gift.  Appreciate it next time you have the opportunity.

After we got to stroll amongst the construction guys getting their coffee before work.  I decided to splurge on a cup of coffee with a shot of some sort of turbo flavor booster. My trailer class guilt bit me hard and I let Taye get a $3.00 Tummy Ticker Apple Juice with a Goofy lid. 

We headed back home over one, two, three, four, five bumps to ask a neighbor for another heater to put under the trailer and for the first time I understood country music:  I was just wantin’ me a flush toilet, nothing big, but so real. My son is just as happy with a Tummy Tickler Apple Juice, but our wantin' is real...

No comments:

Post a Comment